The Fort of Almadéna, is locatedalong the mouth of Ribeira de Budens. The Fort was built in 1632, by D. Luís de Sousa, Count of Prado and Governor and Captain General of the Kingdom of the Algarve, to protect the place of tuna fishing the attacks of Corsairs and pirates. After the earthquake in 1755 was severely damaged and was abandonment the year 1849.
GPS 37.066577, -8.804367
Street address Forte de São Luís de Almádena
Town or City Boca do Rio