FAQ'SDo you have a question? Maybe we have answered it here?
Using The Website
Is it free to use the website?"
Yes. Using the website to find local firms and organizations is completely free.
How do I search for a local service?
Using the Local Directory to find firms and other organizations is straightforward. There are two main options to help you search:
- Using the search bar at the top of the site, simply type in your search term, the name of the company, the town or choose a category and click the search button. For example; type gym in the “I’m looking for” box and then type new york in the location box. Then click Search. The directory will return relevant results in a list. You can then choose to view the listings by clicking on the name of the business, their logo image or just clicking “Continue Reading”.
- You can simply select the category that best suits your needs from the main navigation bar above the search map. This will produce a list of firms that specialise in that particular area.
How do I contact a business in the directory?"
You can contact any of the businesses completely free of charge using their contact details such as address or phone numbers or send them a message using the email form at the bottom of each listing. Please note that some listings do not have this option.
For Companies – Getting Listed
Do you offer free listings?
Yes. Free listings appear below Premium, Featured and Basic listings and do not appear in as many search results.
What is the criteria for being listed?
To be accepted for a listing in the directory we have the following requirements:
- Be a local firm or organization. Check the homepage category list to see if your firm fits into one of these. If it does not, send us an email and ask us to create your category.
- Be based in the target area or have an area based office address. You may need to clarify the area with us.
- All contact information must be in the target area only including address and telephone details.
- Must have a working website or social page. We check to ensure website details including contact information match the entry listing.
We reserve the right to reject or remove listings.
What is a Basic Listing?
A Basic Listing allows you to add a business description, logo/image, interactive location map and email contact form to your listing.
What is a Featured Listing?
A Featured Listing allows you to add a lot of extra details about your company including opening hours, links to your website and social media accounts, menus uploads, pricing tables and membership fees and timetables, etc, as well as including corporate videos. A Featured Listing stands out with it’s background and featured ribbon and will appear in all featured listings sections of the site. Featured listings are also rotated on the home page.
What is a Premium Listing?
A Premium Listing is similar to a Featured Listing but the main business image will also be displayed on the home page Premium Ad rotator with a clickable link to your listing. Premium Listings always show up first on category searches and are rotated in the Premium areas.
Can I upgrade my listing after it has been activated?
Yes, after your listing has gone live you can login at any time to amend or upgrade your listing. Initial submissions are vetted and verified before going live.
Why has my listing been rejected?
We check every listing to ensure it meets the requirements of the directory including the correct category / practice area selection.
Sometimes, entries may be rejected because one or more pieces of information are missing or incorrect. Every entry requires website details to be provided. We check to ensure the website is working and that contact details match those on the entry listing. All entries must be based in the specified area and have specified area address and contact details.
Often, when a listing is rejected, the user can correct the information in order for us to accept and activate the listing. We reserve the right to place entries in appropriate categories / practice areas, correct spelling mistakes, links and other information on listings.
If your listing has been rejected then please contact us with the details so that we can help resolve the issue with you.
How do I add our company logo?
Logos and images can be added to listings. You are given the option to add your logo during the listing submission process. However, you can always amend your listing at any time to upload a new logo. Make sure you add it as the Main Image if you want it to show as your main listing image.
We will attempt to upload your logo if one is not submitted using the logo on your website. If no logo upload is submitted and we cannot get access to your logo from your website, a default Awaiting Image will be used for category results. Uploaded logos will be automatically re-sized.
How do we add our company social media accounts?"
Featured and Premium listings are able to add social media accounts. You are given the option of adding your firm’s social media accounts during the listing submission. However, you can always add these details at any time after your listing is active by logging in and editing your listing.
The listing submission form will ask for the full social media website address of your company profile (not your personal profile).
- Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legal-Aid-Society/104046099633392
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/ReutersLegal
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/legal-aid-society
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/CambridgeUniversity
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/u/0/105089733961907642394
Can I add multiple office listings?
Yes. But each listing must be added separately with a new registration and user. However, you cannot add multiple listings for the same office address. Each listing must have different address and email details.
I cannot find a suitable category for my listing. Can you add one for me?
We try and cover every possible category. However, if you cannot find a suitable category, please contact us with your request.
Do you hold any of my bank/card details on file?
No. We do not collect, ask for or hold on file ANY of your card or banking details. All Payment details are made by you via PayPal.
Can I link to your website?
Yes. You can add our link to your website. However, we do not participate in link exchange programmes. For companies that are listed in the directory, you may like to add a link on your website that links to your entry.
Do you have other advertising opportunities?
Yes. In addition to or normal directory listing service options, we also have site wide banner advertising. Your firm can have a banner advert on the homepage and/or anywhere in the site. Clicking a banner ad will take the visitor directly to your listing, your own website or a page of your choice. We have multiple banner size and positioning options.